Monday, March 31, 2014

Three Essential Questions (to network effectively)

Here are three essential questions to ask yourself in order to develop a networking strategy.
  1. Who are my best prospects? Are they businesses or consumers? What industries are they in?
  2. Where can I meet my best prospects? Corporate representatives are more likely to be in service organizations or on non-profit boards than in chambers of commerce.
  3. Whom exactly do I want to meet? The more specific you can be the better.
Networking really works; it’s just a matter of developing strategy that puts you in contact with the right people, and that’s why these three questions will help. Ask close business colleagues these questions:
·         Who do you think are my best prospects?
·         Where can I meet my best prospects?
·         Do you know this specific person? I’m looking for this specific individual.

Being laser specific about the type of prospect you’re looking for means that your network will know exactly who you want to meet.

No comments:

Post a Comment