Monday, May 2, 2011

This Week I’m Networking to the Extreme!

Since my last blog, I’ve started the Certified Networker Program at the Sun Life office in Hamilton. In the first session the participants talked about two foundations of a successful referral marketing plan; target market definition and developing an Emotional Based Marketing Theme. With those tools in place, we’ll be able to share our messages with those people in our networks who are connected to our target market.

I’ll keep you posted as to how we progress.

This week, too, is the BNI Canadian National Director/Member Conference. I’ll be in Toronto on Wednesday, Thursday and Friday. On Friday is the Member’s Conference. This conference is open to all BNI members. Registration is online at www.bnicanada.ca. Click on events and login in with your username and password.

There will be BNI Director’s from around the world sharing the most current and successful networking techniques. Don’t miss this opportunity - this conference is only in Toronto every 3 years.
Making the time to attend conferences is difficult for me. It’s not that I don’t like them, I like them (usually) very much. I almost always learn something that advances my business. I always learn something that helps me grow as a business person. And I often learn the most from the people I meet at conferences. I find that the folks who attend the conferences that I do, are like-minded. They are either in my industry or we share in interest. If I have a challenge, concern or question - this group of people are a priceless resource for me. The provide support, they challenge me, and they cheer for me.

That’s why I make time to attend conferences. I choose them every carefully and I make sure I have a plan to make the conference worthwhile for me. For those of us interested in networking more effectively and creating more profitable referral relationships, the conference in Toronto this week will provide the inspiration and education to accomplish those two objectives. I promise it will be worth the time.

Don’t miss it. I'll see you there.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment